Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What's With All The Babies?!?!?!

4 girls that I went to High School with have posted in the last few weeks that they're pregnant. 

For one of them this is their first child.

For two of them, this is their second child.

And for the final this is her THIRD CHILD.

I'm 29 people!!  These girls are 29 and 30.  And not only are they married but they're popping out kids at an alarming rate.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not against the notion of having kids.  I just can't wrap my brain around being a mom 3x's over at the age of 29. 

This has nothing to do with the fact that I'm single.  It has nothing to do with the fact that I'm terrified of being a mom in general.

It's just that I can't comprehend being pregnant for a little over 2 years once you combine it all at this age.  That's a lot of morning sickness!!!

Am I the only one that's freaked out about this?

On top of the current pregnancies, 6 other girls I know have had babies in the past year.

I have a cat. 

Cheers,

Ash

12 comments:

  1. Someone told me their rationale for having kids in succession like that is so they don't have to deal with the whole post-pregnancy weight loss and then end up gaining it back two years later when they have another kid. I don't know if I could go for two years straight without a glass of wine... or enduring morning sickness, gestational diabetes, hemorrhoids, swollen *everything*, and all the general yucky stuff that comes along with being pregnant. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get wanting to get the potty training, crying, sleepless nights OVER with but OMG. I seriously can't comprehend dealing with 3 pregnancies in basically 4-5 years and dealing with 3 small children at the same time.

      Delete
  2. I've thought about this before, too. I also realize that once people my age start having kids, being able to relate to them goes out the window. It's like because I don't have kids, we can't be friends and the older we get, the more people who have kids AND LOTS OF THEM AND QUICKLY. My friend-pool is dwindling. Just like the dating pool. Maybe we'll get the divorcees; I hear that's a great untapped market :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right in that we have less and less in common with the mom's as they pop out more and more kids. Sad but true. OMG don't even joke about the divorcee's. I know 2 chicks on marriage #2 and 2 dudes recently divorced. It's sad.

      Delete
    2. I know 2 divorcees too, and one girl is already engaged to man #2. I'm holding out for the dudes who mistakenly got married at 22, divorced at 26, spent 4 years banging everything that moves, and now want the real deal. Sigh.

      Delete
    3. Exactly it's the ones that married right out of high school that are getting divorced now. Crazy.

      Delete
  3. Right?!?! My 7th grade BFF (whom I promptly lost touch with after high school) and I declared we'd never have children, and now she has FOUR kids. I have a basil plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've at least got a creature of sorts to take care of. Yeah I've been really surprised by some of the guys I went to high school with getting married.

      Delete
  4. Oh gosh, I KNOW! I've got several facebook friends who have had their third children before knocking on 30's door. A lot of them don't seem to understand why someone would want to wait... Which just makes me think they've probably never agonized over the idea that they'll break their children's psyche... Which makes me think I'm either a good potential parent for thinking things through or a horrible potential parent for having doubts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, I'm either going to be an overly diligent smothering kinda mom or I'm gonna fuck their shit up right and proper. Could go either way ;)

      Delete