Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Daylight Savings Time + My Cat = I need a nap

It's pretty common knowledge that babies and animals don't understand the concept of Daylight Savings Time.

I've seen a bunch of posts on Facebook this week of parents griping that their infant won't let them sleep.

Well I don't have a baby.

I have a Jasper.

Last night, my adorable furry demon decided that he would wake up around 3am.  Run around like a little psychopath on Red Bull and "sing the song of his people" at the top of his lungs. 

Till about 6am.

And that's when I snapped.

He was knocking things over, making racket and wailing.  He's not sick, he's no injured, we played before bed, he was groomed and then we had some cuddles before I went to sleep.

The only explanation I can come up with is that the clocks changed.  I mean it's not a full moon.  He's a fixed male cat so it's not like he can have PMS. 

Bottom line.  I'm TIRED.


Ironically, the only way I was able to calm him down and stop the howling was to lock him in my bedroom with me.  Then he turned into a purring little ball of affection.

And that's when my alarm went off.  So if I fall asleep at my desk today, you know why.

Cheers,

Ash

4 comments:

  1. Oof! Glad my cats are totally oblivious to this time change. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it's the time change. I'm clinging to the hope that it has a cause and isn't just because my cat is nuts and bent on destroying my sanity.

      Delete
  2. He's just letting you know who's boss :) "and THAT'S for the halloween costume, mother!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh God. It's payback. I think it was a combination of him getting spazzy because of the time change and he wanted attention. When I trapped him in my bedroom and we had some forced cuddles he calmed down and started purring.

      Delete